The update to the version Alpha 43 of the game will take place on Monday, October 17th.
There will be a wipe and a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience.
To know the details of this update, please look at the list below:
Target Preview: The target preview for your active skill does no longer get displaced by mobs or players. Instead it changes its color when it would hit an opponent. The preview now gets lowlighted when the skill cannot be cast due to energy costs or cooldowns.
Casting Modes: There are now three casting modes in the game that you can set for each single ability in the skills (K) menu: Instant (the new default behavior), Cast on Release and Cast on Confirm (the old default behaviour). In other news: You will now also be able to reliably cast any ability even when keeping your default attack button (LMB) pressed.
Movement and Collision: The movement code and the code for collision with static colliders (environments) have been massively tweaked leading to improved server performance and less rubberbanding. There is still one bug left though that sometimes makes characters out of sync with their server position and that will lead to one big local rubberband. This is still to be fixed.
Performance: We massively improved the server performance and can now support around 3x more players on the same server hardware. This also massively improves big fights with many players on the same spot. These big fights now should have improved FPS, too, even though there are still two rendering hiccups that will need to be fixed in the future.
Traffic: Massively reduced the amount of traffic sent from the server to the client which will safe you bandwith and us money.
New HUD: We have added the first draft of the new heads-up display interface that scales to all sorts of different resolutions. It comes with a new font rendering system that especially improves font rendering at lower resolutions.
Mobs: Mobs are now smarter and more diverse than before. We've added 15 new jailor mobs, 9 new revenants, four new animals and a deadly plant. Jailor mobs now drop a lot more ability patterns (look at their gear) and other mobs drop more resources and materials. We also increased the number of rare mobs spawning which all are guaranteed to drop three ability patterns.
Performance: Improved render performance for the Gravity Well VFX (still more to come).
Balancing: Reduced the size of the projectile for Pin Down.
- Fixed a lot of broken or invisible colliders in the game world
- Roads are now guaranteed to be free of any objects that might have blocked them before
- Fixed visibility problems with a lot of our new tall grass patches
- Fixed a broken mob camp where all mobs were constantly cuddling with each other
- Reduced the amount of tall grass in some of the new mob camps
- A lot of small and large rocks now have proper colliders that match their size
Visual and Audio
- Projectile VFX are now being destroyed when they hit a character - and not after. They also move way more smoothly now
- Changed the visuals of the tutorial map to fit its prison character better
- Tweaked a lot of sound effects - "the frog" sound on Magic Bolt is finally gone!
- Changed the VFX for: Magic Bolt, Lunge, Pin Down, Emergency Rescue, Banish, Clear the Field, Physical Corruption, Mental Corruption, Draining Burst
- Added new models for all staffs and some bows. These are still WiP.
- You can now change your ability loadout in the Dojo even if one of them is still on cooldown.
- We now display a proper error message when a server does not accept new connections due to technical reasons.
- Zerg markers now fit the screen layout better.
- The server list now shows you your ping to each game server.
- Mobs now find their camps again and do not get lost on the way home.
- Mobs no longer ignore environment colliders. No more walking through walls.
- The login queue is now more reliable and saves your spot for a while if you get disconnected.
- You cannot drop items into buildings anymore if you would not get them out again afterwards.
- Added the awesome game-icons.net to the credits.
- Fixed a bug where you could teleport into environment colliders - the "map unlock" still needs to be fixed though.
Thank you for supporting The Exiled, do not hesitate to share your feedback with us!
The Exiled Team