Introducing the Talespinners

Get official news from the developers.
dbltnk
Game Developer

Introducing the Talespinners

Postby dbltnk » 28 Sep 2016, 16:35

Over the course of the last four years I have spent a lot of time thinking about the game world of The Exiled, its character cast and overall lore. Thanks to everybody who gave me feedback on those! We even released a couple of stories from the game world written by David which were based on my lore. I really enjoyed those tales of the valley.

But to be completely honest I was never really happy with my work. To be honest I’m just not a great narrative designer - I’m way happier when I get to design game systems. And so while I loved the base concepts it felt like our lore was all over the place, badly documented and very inconsistent. This came to a point where I could not even answer all questions in our lore forum anymore.

So today I’m super glad to announce that from now on The Exiled’s lore will be in the capable and experienced hands of two great writers, the Talespinners. Instead of introducing them to you myself I thought I’d ask Talespinners’ Ian Thomas himself about their experience, their process and what they think the greatest challenges with The Exiled will be. Here’s an interview we did today:

http://www.the-exiled.co/post/151054899 ... lespinners

Return to “News and Announcements”