Your feedback - our mission (Upcoming Game Changes)

Get official news from the developers.
dbltnk
Game Developer

Your feedback - our mission (Upcoming Game Changes)

Postby dbltnk » 30 Aug 2016, 13:51

http://www.the-exiled.co/post/149696066 ... ur-mission

Big changes. Small changes. PvP. PvE. Solo. Clans. There should be something in our to-do list for everybody. =D

LRM
Vanguard Supporter

Re: Your feedback - our mission (Upcoming Game Changes)

Postby LRM » 31 Aug 2016, 10:23

That sound nice, although i'm a bit scared of the shard part. In my ears, shard sounds a lot like instanced.

“Balance is off. Leather > Robe.”

Bring back robe CDR !! Yeah i'm preaching my choir !

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 31 Aug 2016, 11:08

LRM wrote:That sound nice, although i'm a bit scared of the shard part. In my ears, shard sounds a lot like instanced.

Yeah. Might not be the perfect wording. For the next alpha there is a good chance that each of those servers is very similar in nature. For the launch I'd like each of them to have different world maps - even though the core game rules will be the same. I'll explain the whole system in a future blog post but I'm trying hard not to make these just boring copies but actually different worlds where migrating between them is a pretty massive act and not just a simple teleport as in - for example - Life is Feudal.

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 08 Sep 2016, 22:40

dbltnk wrote:
LRM wrote:That sound nice, although i'm a bit scared of the shard part. In my ears, shard sounds a lot like instanced.

Yeah. Might not be the perfect wording. For the next alpha there is a good chance that each of those servers is very similar in nature. For the launch I'd like each of them to have different world maps - even though the core game rules will be the same. I'll explain the whole system in a future blog post but I'm trying hard not to make these just boring copies but actually different worlds where migrating between them is a pretty massive act and not just a simple teleport as in - for example - Life is Feudal.

Sounds interesting ... like connected sectors of the valley with limitations on travel inbetween. Will there be the posibility to move between shards at any time (only minor restrictions to limit CCU)? Otherwise it could fracture the playerbase which would be critical for an mmo indie game ...

Angeleyes
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Angeleyes » 09 Sep 2016, 00:47

People actually asked for point/click and removal of FF? I vomited in my mouth.

I love you so much Alex

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 09 Sep 2016, 07:46

ManuKuma wrote:
dbltnk wrote:

Sounds interesting ... like connected sectors of the valley with limitations on travel inbetween. Will there be the posibility to move between shards at any time (only minor restrictions to limit CCU)? Otherwise it could fracture the playerbase which would be critical for an mmo indie game ...

It will not be completely unrestricted. There are likely cooldowns and resource import restriction. But yes - migrations will be possible.

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 11 Sep 2016, 21:48

Maybe you can use the shard system to offer shards for different regions (US, EU, Asia, ...) and different time slots all tied together into the same season. Even differing skill stats in different shards could work, if the basic progression setup is the same. Will the shards be integrated into the game e.g. via pathways with a shaman hut guarding the gate or will it just be something technical?

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 12 Sep 2016, 12:31

ManuKuma wrote:Maybe you can use the shard system to offer shards for different regions (US, EU, Asia, ...) and different time slots all tied together into the same season. Even differing skill stats in different shards could work, if the basic progression setup is the same. Will the shards be integrated into the game e.g. via pathways with a shaman hut guarding the gate or will it just be something technical?

Yeah, exactly. We plan to have worlds for specific regions (US, EU, Asia, ...) all connected in the same shard.

There will be an in-game mechanic for changing worlds - not sure yet if it'll be something mundane as a smuggler or something fancy as a shaman. Still working on the story design of that part. =D

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 13 Sep 2016, 22:58

dbltnk wrote:
There will be an in-game mechanic for changing worlds - not sure yet if it'll be something mundane as a smuggler or something fancy as a shaman. Still working on the story design of that part. =D

BTW: any progress on lore or a chance for answers/comments in the lore thread? Any output by the story people, yet? Would love to get some lore input to help with storycrafting....

Return to “News and Announcements”