Meet The Exiled (Game Name Change)

Get official news from the developers.
dbltnk
Game Developer

Meet The Exiled (Game Name Change)

Postby dbltnk » 17 Aug 2016, 00:10

Today is a big day for us at Fairytale Distillery. After nearly four years of development on “Das Tal”, we finally found a fitting name for our game: The Exiled.

http://www.the-exiled.co/post/149046821 ... the-exiled

LRM
Vanguard Supporter

Re: Meet The Exiled (Game Name Change)

Postby LRM » 17 Aug 2016, 00:35

Great new name and very nice trailer !

Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Z4ipher » 17 Aug 2016, 01:13

I like the new Logo and the Name is ok, but my story doesnt work anymore :( For me "Das Tal" was easy to remember, because you dont have many german game names, but im german soooo... I guess wise choice, but there is more competition in Google etc. for "The Exiled"; I hope you will stay at the top as you did with "Das Tal"
And the trailer is really nice and makes me want to play. (Bacause I actually play in it :) )
-----------------W-------O-------N----------------V--------A--------N--------G--------U--------A-------R-------D----------------

Z4ipher, past Member of Uncommon Valor / Defeater of "The Dictator"

Pavlov
Seeker Supporter

Postby Pavlov » 17 Aug 2016, 04:55

Well, the word Exile is pretty generic in video game titles, as appropriate as it is, but titles don't usually make or break games. I am worried about you losing any of the name recognition you already had though.

Jarmo
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Jarmo » 17 Aug 2016, 07:34

Good stuff guys, I have liked what you've had going here and am here to support. Get it... support. haha Jarmo Heals. :D

GORT

Postby GORT » 17 Aug 2016, 14:12

I too am worried about the new name. I couldn't find it in Google search engine, at least not in the first 5 pages. Das Tal is catchy and memorable, at least to an American ear. It can be DT for short. The Exiled is really broad, lots of things are exiled hence lots of search engine competition. Is it too late to either switch back or go with Valley of the Exiled, The Exiled Realm, a name phrase that can be shortened into something catchy as gamers love their acronyms: WoW, DAoC, AC, UO, DF, AoC.

I do enjoy the new teaser video though, very cool!

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 17 Aug 2016, 16:09

Thanks for the feedback! We will work on SEO (searchability) over the coming months - right now there is obviously no way for us to be found under the name yet since Google did not know about it a couple of hours ago. =D

Viper Killer
Nomad Supporter

Postby Viper Killer » 17 Aug 2016, 16:27

forum link need to be change, its still http://forum.das-tal-game.com :)

well The name is pretty cool and the game too but lags are annoying. I hope you fix it in future or maybe I am getting them because am from asia and playing on US and EU servers

hey that reminds me why we don't have ASIA server in last alpha test open?
I think we have enough players of ASIA here now.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 19 Aug 2016, 09:32

Yes, the forum URL and a lot of other small things still need to be changed. =D

Getting rid of lag is definitely our #1 priority for the next big alpha. And I will think about an Asian server, though I am not sure if we actually have enough players in the region.

Return to “News and Announcements”