Weekly Summary and Plans

Get official news from the developers.
Emissary

Weekly Summary and Plans

Postby Emissary » 23 Nov 2015, 14:35

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first of many forum posts that is part of our new content plan. You will see a variety of new forums posts pop up this week, each one aimed at either informing or engaging with the community.

This particular thread focuses on keeping a log of what we are generally working on. Each Monday I will post an update of the previous week and what we have planned. That may overlap a little, but things often come up that we don't have planned.

---Last Week---
- One of the key tasks for us last week was putting together the aforementioned content plan!
- We have started working with a tool called cyfe for monitoring our community interactions and performance.
- We put together and posted the new blog, which was a summary of the feedback we received during (and our plans for after) the November test event.
- I have been going over a lot of player-made footage in prep for making a highlight video.
- We have been talking to some new potential team members, and a couple have already been onboarded. You will get to know them over the next few weeks!
- Alex has been working on the design for how individuals and clans can be rated. His approach takes a lot of inspiration from board games, and currently has players earning 'respect', by either receiving it from other players or as reward for donation to a public pool of resources.
- Michail has been working on some new concept art, and he has also been working with a new art assistant, who has created a wall variation. (Images attached at bottom of post)

---This Week---
Typically this section will have a wide variety of things we will be focusing on across departments, but for this week I want to introduce people to our new content plan.

Monday (Today): Weekly Summary and Plans - A brief list of the weeks before and after, as you see above.
Tuesday: Discussion Topic - Engage in discussion on a topic which affects or interests us.
Wednesday: Dev Focus and Intros - We introduce a team member you may not know and go a little deeper into a particular area of development.
Thursday: Media Share - We throw out any interesting imagery or video we have this week for you to check out.
Friday: Feedback Summary - We go over feedback we have received over various areas of the web and offer our own thoughts or replies.

Each of these threads will be locked to keep the content clean and readable, but they will also have a corresponding discussion thread in the General Discussion forums. The Weekly Summary and Plans Discussion can be found here.
Attachments
Wall.JPG
Concepts.jpg

Emissary

Re: Weekly Summary and Plans

Postby Emissary » 30 Nov 2015, 12:07

Another week taken care of, and I have to say that I am a big fan of our new content plan! We kick off this week with another summary/planning post!

---Last Week---
- Our Weekly Discussion topic asked "Why do people accept weak games from familiar franchises?"
- On Wednesday we introduced Jonas, our new communications extraordinaire
- On Thursday I posted a highlight video, compiled from player made gameplay from our November testing
- On the tech side of things, Sebi has been working hard on making our build server more efficient. It will now build to every platform parallel, rather than one at a time, which will be much faster
- Marcus reworked the shaders on some of our assets to better suit the new mountain biome
- Alex has been forming his ideas for a potential new player tutorial separate from the main game world
- He has also been further brainstorming the 'respect' based clan and individual ratings
- We have a couple of new team members (Maya working on animation and another Alex working on visual effects). Both already have some nice works in progress (below). We will introduce them properly over the next couple of weeks, and I will keep you up to date on their progress

---This Week---
As it is the start of a new month, a lot of this week will be review and planning. The second half of November was a small sprint for us, which we used to finish off tasks that were high priority or that had been ignored for too long. Now that we are into December we will be shifting to some solid development goals. Expect to see updates here on the forums and on the blog, as the new content plan will be pumped out just like last week.

Any questions? Jump over to the discussion thread.

Emissary

Postby Emissary » 07 Dec 2015, 14:35

The first week of December done and dusted! Lots more to take care of before we all take some time off and get fat!

---Last Week---
- Our Weekly Discussion topic asked "What makes an engaged community?"
- On Wednesday we introduced Filippo, our composer
- On Thursday we posted a great video and screenshot combo, submitted by members of <Kittens>. (Screenshot below)
- Friday we posted another Game Insight thread, discussing which games have the best weapon sets
- Sebi has been doing the necessary tech tweaks to implement our new animations

---This Week---
- We have already kicked off our alpha key give-away, and there is still a chance to grab yours by signing up!
- I will be doing some work on the map, adding another mountain zone
- We will be introducing our animation and visual effects team members, Maya and Alex
- Alex is working further on the respect system
- Michail is working on some new promo art, as some of our stuff is pretty outdated. Bit of a sample below!

Emissary

Postby Emissary » 15 Dec 2015, 11:01

Not much of 2015 left now guys! Here is what we got up to over the last week, and what we have planned!

---Last Week---
- Our Weekly Discussion topic asked what you are all up to over the holiday period!
- On Wednesday we introduced Alexander, who has been working on our new effects. Sample below, check out the thread for more!
- On Thursday I posted one of our old videos, where we had only just added stealth mechanics

- Alex has been making some changes to the macro gameplay (from drop rates to timers and spawns)
- Sebi has been getting the core of the respect system into the game
- Michail has started concepting some assets for our hostile mobs
- On Sunday we had a little party with some family, friends and dev. supporters!

---This Week---
- We are going to prepare some nice, new screenshots from our party
- I am going to throw up an interview with Maya, who has been working on our new animations, plus some of her work!
- I need to focus more on adding to the Das Tal Wiki, which you can totally help with!
- Marcus is still working on adding badge functionality to the forums, so people who win in-game events and community contributors can don those!
- I am doing some press work today and tomorrow, trying to get the word out to some new audiences
- Sebi is working on adding the first version of a server 'end event'

Still lots to do, and we will keep you updated guys. Make sure you drop into the forums and keep an eye on your inboxes, we are wrapping up 2015 with some pretty cool stuff!

Return to “News and Announcements”