How Would You Build Your Character?

Discuss your favorite character builds and team compositions.
TugBoat

Re: How Would You Build Your Character?

Postby TugBoat » 20 Jun 2014, 04:38

I will be playing a Sin type class. If the abilities in the combat prototype are similar to those in the actual release, I will be using hide armor. Scythes are pretty badass in general so I'd imagine I would use one of those.
TugBoat's always looking for friends. steamcommunity.com/id/tugboatsmyfavorite

Forcalious

Postby Forcalious » 28 Jun 2014, 10:32

I've always enjoyed the magic-using classes. However, I miss some debuff/crow control classes. At the same time I like the non-combat part of gaming (that's what you get from playing The Sims as the only game for the first 10 years of your life n_n' ).

Therefore my perfect class would be something like a shamam / witch doctor / druid: Cloth armour, staff, nature and dark (or spirit) magic, debuff spells, a few healing / buff spells and a few damaging spells. Furthermore my perfect class would be able to make potions and magical objects like amulets.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 28 Jun 2014, 18:17

Forcalious wrote:Therefore my perfect class would be something like a shamam / witch doctor / druid: Cloth armour, staff, nature and dark (or spirit) magic, debuff spells, a few healing / buff spells and a few damaging spells.

All of those are on my list. I hope we can get them into the game soon, for now we're starting with a couple other basics.

grayfox
Alpha Tester

Postby grayfox » 04 Jul 2014, 10:38

maybe some summoning spells? i personally other than assassins i really like the play style of necromancy, that you can summon an undead army or even like you dont need undead you can summon something else or maybe you can create illusions of yourself that deals like 30% of your dmg or so xD
We are not Tools for the Goverment.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 04 Jul 2014, 11:13

Not sure about how to handle pets in the game yet. They are not easily targeted without any sort of tab-targeting system. And I'm not gonna make them stupid fire-and-forget missiles or AI-driven entities. They would actually need to require tactical decisions to be interesting to me - and I have no idea how to design that yet.

grayfox
Alpha Tester

Postby grayfox » 05 Jul 2014, 11:21

hmm fair enough. better leave them out if you need to make a targeted spell since the game will be about skill

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 05 Jul 2014, 18:43

Thanks for understanding. Totally open to your ideas on how to solve that, btw. We will have a site for sending in your feature suggestions soon but for now you can just post them here.

Emissary

Postby Emissary » 08 Jul 2014, 13:19

Chiming in on the 'summoned pets' idea, I think it is possible to go down the path of micro'ing. All games with our 'top down' perspective, MOBA's included, have some ties to RTS. Micro'ing different units could be interesting.

In a game like Das Tal with no TAB targeting or target abilities, there are certain differences obviously. The way I see it working better than micro'ing would be to have the summoned entities 'seem' like another unit, but mechanics wise they are really just a buff. So for example, you summon pet, and it stays standing right next to you and it attacks when you use basic attacks, and aims where you are aiming, essentially making it an attack damage buff / modifier.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 08 Jul 2014, 13:46

So like Lulu in LoL basically. Is doable, but actually that is a lot of art workload for no gain in gameplay. Would be a very late addition to the skill set.

grayfox
Alpha Tester

Postby grayfox » 11 Jul 2014, 00:55

hmm yeah the idea to make it like that is ok i guess but as you said it will require alot of work to be done and will take some time. if you gonna do it you should do as you said add it later or scrap it.

better to focus on other elements for now like the artwork for the armour buildings and other stuff.

Return to “Character Builds & Spec Groups”