How Would You Build Your Character?

Discuss your favorite character builds and team compositions.
Emissary

Re: How Would You Build Your Character?

Postby Emissary » 08 Aug 2014, 22:12

Really stoked to see you guys getting into discussing your builds =)

Remember, no combination is off limits!

If the armor is in the game, and the weapon is in the game, it can be a combination.

If you haven't seen word from us that a weapon or armor has been in the game, suggest it! If you want to wear a garbage bag and beat people to death with a vacuum cleaner, suggest it! Although I don't think that particular example would sit well with Alex :x

Reider

Postby Reider » 12 Aug 2014, 12:38

First of all, hello, i'm from Spain and I've been cheking the news of this game some time. I think it can be a really great game. My first mmorpg was ragnarok online in a private server (500~ users in the good old times), I really like the idea of small communitys where you end knowing eachother and you hate and love certain people. When my server was around 250 users, all the main guilds (and oldest) know eachother, there was real enemies and real friends and it was great. So I hope this game will success in that matter and btw i love pvp, WoE's on Ro were my main focus when i was high lvl.

So in ragnarok i played as assassin cross(stealth kind assassin), but over the years i've been developing by myself an idea of what i really like to play, i never seen in a game, never ever, a good close-mid range battle-mage, the closest i saw was in gw2 the sorcerer or whatever it was called, that could equip dual daggers and fight closely and the monk(at the time i played ro I liked a lot the idea of stealth so i dint play monk so much) in ro.

I would like to see some kind of battle mage with elemental fist (like in the game fable), some close-mid range habilities, something with dmg(not high burst or high dmg) but also with cc.

It would have some medium armor, something like a bruiser/offtank with elemental spells, some cc, maybe some shields, and dps, something hybrid.

I don't know the plans about magic in this game, there will be classic elemental magics, dark and light kind magic, maybe some kind of force magic, i dont really care about the kinds of magic, i would just love some kind of real battlemage that can go as offtank, fighting closely the enemy and controlling them by cc or lets say "walls", you know, go close to them put a fire/earth/ice wall and force them to figth you back closely(i find really boring to just sit back and spam big areas).

Serial MMOist

Postby Serial MMOist » 12 Aug 2014, 14:59

I'd really like some sort of shaman styled character. I think in Das Tal the ability to drop a totem for an area of effect would be amazing. This could work really well as a pulsing slow/snare, dps or heals. It would definitely take the focus off you for a while since the opposing faction would want to target the totem.

I'd like to have this character wear a medium armor like jerkin or mail with the ability to use a melee weapon. A longer weapon like the scythe or a polearm I'd prefer.

Lee

Postby Lee » 30 Aug 2014, 11:52

Only discovered this game today, so I haven't been able to get in and craft an idea of what would work, but what I really want to play in a game is some sort of illusionist support type, throwing stealth onto allies or erasing/falsifying footprints, maybe a character location appearance where your character would for example appear a set distance to your left, but with your footprints regular to allow you to still be targeted (thus making use of the free-target combat style)

Edit: Also, maybe for the pet thing, perhaps have it as a player controlled thing? Player loses their mobility and takes over something like a scouting pet perhaps? With limited range of course. That way you wouldn't have to worry about targeting it, and would become a real tactical asset in both PvP and resource transporting(keeping an eye out for raiders or hunting for carriers).

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 30 Aug 2014, 15:54

Lee wrote:Edit: Also, maybe for the pet thing, perhaps have it as a player controlled thing? Player loses their mobility and takes over something like a scouting pet perhaps? With limited range of course. That way you wouldn't have to worry about targeting it, and would become a real tactical asset in both PvP and resource transporting(keeping an eye out for raiders or hunting for carriers).

Cool Idea. Kind of like a polymorph only that your real body still sticks around. Will consider.

Phain

Postby Phain » 30 Aug 2014, 16:29

I'm all about hybrid support. I've always played the druid, shaman, magus type hybrid with mostly focusing on team support with a mix of offensive magic and melee.

cptmashek

Postby cptmashek » 20 Sep 2014, 02:01

One of my favorite builds, when games allow for it, is a "rogue healer." Sneak around and have high dodge, but be nimble and fast enough to get to the front-line tanks and heal them (hopefully) without dying. Some games this works quite well, others... not so much. I hope to flesh out a build that works well for this game.

I still have a *lot* of reading to do to catch up to the state of the game as it currently is. This game sounds like it'd be a pretty fantastic way to test this out in an amazing way.

Capo

Postby Capo » 05 Jul 2016, 18:45

I would love to create somthing supportive - doesn't have to be ranged... but with an decent amount of burst Dmg!!!
Never saw a rouge healer but that sounds pretty appealing to me ;D

zerus
Wiki Content Creator

Postby zerus » 05 Jul 2016, 20:52

Capo wrote:I would love to create somthing supportive - doesn't have to be ranged... but with an decent amount of burst Dmg!!!

Sounds like you're a candidate for Robe/Staff or Splint/Staff :)

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 06 Jul 2016, 00:31

zerus wrote:
Capo wrote:I would love to create somthing supportive - doesn't have to be ranged... but with an decent amount of burst Dmg!!!

Sounds like you're a candidate for Robe/Staff or Splint/Staff :)

Totem used to have good burst capabilities - don't know if that is still true. Planning to try Robe/Totem next time ...

Return to “Character Builds & Spec Groups”