Staff/Robe

Discuss your favorite character builds and team compositions.
Ent

Staff/Robe

Postby Ent » 28 Jul 2016, 18:09

So im sorta unsure what specs i should be going for, id love to get more base move speed but i'm unsure if id benefit much from it, was also considering cool down reduction since it'll allow me to teleport more often and cycle my defensive stuff better.

Do you experienced guy mind shedding some light on what works with staff robe? also what stats get reduced while gaining , would really appreciate it.

zerus
Wiki Content Creator

Re: Staff/Robe

Postby zerus » 28 Jul 2016, 20:55

What skills are you using and what role/playstyle are you aiming for? Would be good to know to help you out.

Ent

Postby Ent » 29 Jul 2016, 00:48

well i've got delayed teleport, blink earth quake, lightning bolt, aura of healing, the stealth,stasis and the energy regen skill.

I'm trying to play the role of a utility mage, mobility and high damage with a little support cabaility. Ive managed to create an earthquake combo that catches people quite easily, i just mess up once in a while due to my inexperience and constant changing of my hotkeys.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 29 Jul 2016, 10:57

Staff / Robe is very much a group support char and will have a harder time soloing if you are not amazing at kiting / positioning.

In groups I'd personally go for at least 2 heals (your HPS is the best in the game), 1 or 2 walls, incinerate, ghost form / chaos bolts for survivability. Stasis is worth it if your allies know what they are doing. One of the bolts for extra DPS or survivability. Energize or Drain for energy mangement?

Robzeen
Nomad Supporter

Postby Robzeen » 29 Jul 2016, 13:10

dbltnk wrote:Staff / Robe is very much a group support char and will have a harder time soloing if you are not amazing at kiting / positioning.

In groups I'd personally go for at least 2 heals (your HPS is the best in the game), 1 or 2 walls, incinerate, ghost form / chaos bolts for survivability. Stasis is worth it if your allies know what they are doing. One of the bolts for extra DPS or survivability. Energize or Drain for energy mangement?

Or you know, just go max out DPS and get 363 dps in 2.74 seconds xD
Edit: actually just did 384 with my build :P
Robzeen, Leader of Uncommon Valor

Winner of EU Mistral in Alpha June/July 2016

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 29 Jul 2016, 15:48

Robzeen wrote:Or you know, just go max out DPS and get 363 dps in 2.74 seconds xD

I call this "theoretical DPS" since you still have to hit it in PvP. Ping me if you ever do. =D

Robzeen
Nomad Supporter

Postby Robzeen » 29 Jul 2016, 16:31

dbltnk wrote:
Robzeen wrote:Or you know, just go max out DPS and get 363 dps in 2.74 seconds xD

I call this "theoretical DPS" since you still have to hit it in PvP. Ping me if you ever do. =D

Haha sure, I will try to get some recordings right now, I got a theory that might make it actually work in a 1v1 situation and maybe even 1v2 :twisted:
Robzeen, Leader of Uncommon Valor

Winner of EU Mistral in Alpha June/July 2016

Ent

Postby Ent » 29 Jul 2016, 20:29

i saw your vid on how you set up incinerate and it's something i was already doing but i felt i was getting more damage with my earthquake combo.

for earthquake what i do is drop delayed teleport where i am, swap, the delayed stun then immediately activate earthquake and bam, delayed teleport will teleport you while you're channeling earthquake right where the mezzed targets are. This is the best way i came up with to hit with it if you guys other ways , feel free to share.

oh i noticed there's a new update that buffed choas bolt, if the damage is good enough i'll drop it in after earthquake, that way i get some damage and invulnerabiity after the most vulnerable part of the combo xD, i usually just decoy.

Ent

Postby Ent » 29 Jul 2016, 21:44

So i just tested the new Choas Bolt and it does a lot of dps, the combo that worked so far was initiate with stasis up close then use choas bolt, suspend lightning activates did damage to them so i ended up taking damage from stassis so i decided to leave that out, if you'r[e up close enough you get a full 2-3 seconds of dps on them and if you're lucky you pull a decent amount of hp before they try to run away.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 30 Jul 2016, 21:01

Ent: I want to see a video of this. =D

Alex

Return to “Character Builds & Spec Groups”