Alpha Tester

Re: The World of Das Tal

Postby grayfox » 30 Apr 2014, 22:37

I agree names are the most difficult task to do in anything you do actually :P
We are not Tools for the Goverment.

Emissary

Postby Emissary » 01 May 2014, 02:44

I absolutely love coming up with names for stuff in stories/games, so fear not :D

grayfox
Alpha Tester

Postby grayfox » 01 May 2014, 02:54

The mighty Emissary Takes on the impossible task to make the best names you can imagin.

part 2 of the story will come shortly after we have details on how this difficult journy is going and hope that he will conqoure this difficult task and be victorious

to be continued... :D
We are not Tools for the Goverment.

Katsukai

Postby Katsukai » 19 Jul 2014, 22:36

I really love dark themed stories like these, so to understand correctly. Basically in this world there exists an substance that enhances things that come with contact with it.

So basically the people that we're called "sick" are an product of an human coming in contact with this substance and I guess this substance will enchant their personal traits, for example if an person is an strong bulky person and he is good swinging with his sword he gets better at it. But the side effect is that the substance enchants also the human nature of destructiveness and makes people aggressive if they come contact with it, dus why they claimed the sick people dangerous and the valley was set into a lock down creating an closed society of abnormal humans and dangerous wildlife that came in contact with this substance.

Judging the video I seen you guys talking about the exp gain, you guys mentioned mobs can drop items that increases your exp which is required to level up, is it the same substance in question? If so, thats pretty clever and totally fits the game lore.

Also to understand correctly magic doesn't exist in this world but an person that is sick from the substance and can have magical abilities like cast fire bolts?

Katsukai

Postby Katsukai » 19 Jul 2014, 23:03

Oh and a suggestion of the name of the substance cause it is transparent and the game's name is german.

There was an germanic old norse mythology about an well/fountain called Urdarbrunn (Urd's well). This well or fountain, situated beside that root of Yggdrasil (Tree of life) which leads up to Asgard, the legend says that it was guarded by the three Norns, was so holy that nobody was allowed to drink from it. In some accounts, the decapitated head of Mimir(The Rememberer) was placed beside this well as an warning and if anyone would drink from this well, he would become white as an eggshell.

So I thought maybe the name "Urd" could be an simple and creative name for the substance.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 20 Jul 2014, 13:52

Katsukai wrote:Judging the video I seen you guys talking about the exp gain, you guys mentioned mobs can drop items that increases your exp which is required to level up, is it the same substance in question? If so, thats pretty clever and totally fits the game lore.

Also to understand correctly magic doesn't exist in this world but an person that is sick from the substance and can have magical abilities like cast fire bolts?

That's our current understanding, yes. Thanks for the suggestions. We'll update you guys with the full story once we're close to releasing more of it.

Flevalt

Postby Flevalt » 11 Aug 2014, 03:40

The substance sounds like a byproduct or excrement of bacterial microorganisms similar to the black death which creates antigens to protect itself from the humans high body temperature. Antigens which just so happen to be human-hostile.
And still water or mud are basically nests for bacteria.

As I get from the story, the world won't be looping and instead there will probably be prison walls marking the borders of a world.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 11 Aug 2014, 08:48

Exactly. There will be walls and natural barriers.

cptmashek

Postby cptmashek » 20 Sep 2014, 02:12

I am really enjoying where the story goes. This substance sounds intriguing, too. :D

blakestaton

Postby blakestaton » 11 Feb 2016, 04:32

what happened to the two that went into the cave? I don't know if u even said.

Return to “Game Lore”