Welcome to our forums!

Here you can talk about everything related to The Exiled.
Emissary

Welcome to our forums!

Postby Emissary » 13 Mar 2014, 11:49

Hello everybody!

My name is David Wells and I am head of communications for Fairytale Distillery. I am really excited to finally welcome you all to our very own forums :) Today our Steam page goes live and we take the first step toward full scale development with the public riding shotgun. We have worked hard to get to this stage, and are looking forward to shaping The Exiled as we move towards an alpha release.

These forums are going to be a hub for everyone anticipating The Exiled's release to just hang out and have a chat. We are making a point of staying very much connected to our Steam page and various other pages, but this will be a bit more of a direct line and a place where people can talk a bit more conversationally with the team. I for one will be hanging out here like an awkward party guest that won't leave, so always feel free to say hi and ask me anything.

I will also be concentrating on keeping the conversation going here on the forums and making sure people who want to hang out here have something interesting to read about and discuss, but really it is all about a discussion area for you guys, so if you have any thoughts, go ahead and create a new thread, suggestions, criticism, questions or just a friendly hello, we would love you meet you all.

Talk to you all soon,

David

Indigowd

Re: Welcome to our forums!

Postby Indigowd » 14 Mar 2014, 13:58

Hey David!

Just wanted to drop in and say you guys have done an awesome job with the preproduction. Love the graphical path you've chosen, and the game play sounds great too. Good luck with everything!

Indigowd

Kick

Postby Kick » 14 Mar 2014, 15:07

David,

The game is coming together very nicely. The centering the screen between the mouse cursor and character is brilliant! It incorporates a bunch with seeing further ahead while leaving your back exposed to a sneak attack. Great concept video and very much looking forward to testing this game out.

p3pe

Postby p3pe » 14 Mar 2014, 23:33

Hello guys i wanted to say that i was looking for game like this in sandbox style ofc. I think u are making great job here and in future it will be the best game on 1st place vs albion if i can say it ofc. I am excited that u have own forum to observe all the time new thread etc. So i can welcome u officialy ^^

Emissary

Postby Emissary » 15 Mar 2014, 01:02

Thanks for joining us here guys, awesome to have you.

Michail's artwork is something that catches everyone's eye, and I know he would appreciate your comments. He has done an awesome job of creating the visual identity of Das Tal. I am really glad you noticed the "scouting" sort of mechanic we have implemented Kick, we really wanted to create a different feeling from just walking along with the screen coming into view as you walk, it adds an interesting element to both combat and exploring.

I am really stoked to welcome our first few forum users, so thanks for saying hi guys. We are going to keep updating everyone with whatever news we have and I am going to be starting work on a video on Monday that is a bit more of an extended tour of the prototype, so keep any eye out for that :)

David

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 15 Mar 2014, 02:22

Kick wrote: The centering the screen between the mouse cursor and character is brilliant! It incorporates a bunch with seeing further ahead while leaving your back exposed to a sneak attack.

I've actually stole the camera controls from Bloodline Champions, they've done an awesome job coming up with that system. It's actually getting even better for backstabbing as in the full game (and the next demo) you'll have a blind spot of about 60 degrees in your back in which you can't see enemy players. Was a lot of fun in our prototype at least. =D

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 15 Mar 2014, 02:24

p3pe wrote:Hello guys i wanted to say that i was looking for game like this in sandbox style ofc. I think u are making great job here and in future it will be the best game on 1st place vs albion if i can say it ofc. I am excited that u have own forum to observe all the time new thread etc. So i can welcome u officialy ^^

We've been following Albion Online (I played in the last two alphas) and they're realling doing a good job over there in Berlin. Stoked to see what they will come up next. They'll definitely launch a year before us so we hope that we can learn from them and make our game even better,

p3pe

Postby p3pe » 15 Mar 2014, 10:22

It is precisely this plus with thanks albion we will be able track the comments of other users such as their forum what they lack, etc. Thanks for your confirm with this we will be able to discuss all the details suggestions which perhaps you add to the game.

Sandra

Postby Sandra » 15 Mar 2014, 12:58

Hey.

I've just found out about your game / project. It really does look interesting and I am looking forward to know more about it, sandbox mmorpg's (Ultima Online) pvp memories are still strong here :D

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 15 Mar 2014, 14:30

We are actually as a team still playing some UO on T2A once a week. =D

Return to “General Discussion”