US Server times are probably too late

Here you can talk about everything related to The Exiled.
Lash

US Server times are probably too late

Postby Lash » 28 Mar 2017, 23:50

So I was checking out the US server. Their camps open up at 10pm-1am East Coast time, and 7pm-10pm West Coast time. My guess is there are more East Coast players who would play if they could play a bit earlier, than the ones that think it would be too early for the West Coast. Perhaps move the camp opening times on the US server one hour earlier? So 9pm-midnight for East Coast time, and 6pm-9pm West Coast time?

Laughing Mime

Re: US Server times are probably too late

Postby Laughing Mime » 29 Mar 2017, 07:37

Additionally it would be nice for some events to happen outside of the prime time window. Just a few, say 1 in 20.

Not all timezones have a server so we are forced to play on servers where 100% of the content seems to occur when we sleep.

Fair enough if you want to keep it this way but combined with high ping it will drive away a lot of potential players.

Logain
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Logain » 29 Mar 2017, 07:53

Laughing Mime wrote:Additionally it would be nice for some events to happen outside of the prime time window. Just a few, say 1 in 20.

Not all timezones have a server so we are forced to play on servers where 100% of the content seems to occur when we sleep.

Where is the 'Like button' when you need it!
~massively thumbs up this post~

Lash

Postby Lash » 29 Mar 2017, 17:45

Laughing Mime wrote:Additionally it would be nice for some events to happen outside of the prime time window. Just a few, say 1 in 20.

Fair enough if you want to keep it this way but combined with high ping it will drive away a lot of potential players.

Too true. If you can't play during the camp windows at the moment, the game becomes a bit of PvE grindfest, and people mostly stick to themselves and do Carcass or (*shudder* from PTSD) boring Meteor events. Maybe the odd time-sinking Caravans. I have heard plenty of complaints about the game being a PvE grindfest, and I can't help to think that this is why it appears so. There is simply nothing that gives good incentives to fight during off-peak times.

You can attack people for fun, but that is simply nonsensical from a gameplay perspective, since you don't really gain much from people in off-peak to begin with, unless you catch the very rare case of someone using the off-peak times to transport something between stashes or an old base. You won't have people to ambush after they are transporting their winning camp booty or anything either. You can use the off-peak time to finish off the donations and get a bit more chance of higher respect score, but that is inefficient, although safe.

There really needs to be something, anything, for the other 21 hours of the day! I made a suggestion of a Blood Sacrifice event in a previous post for something like this. Basically two players need to activate the event (like a meteor or carcass) within a few seconds of each other, and you have to kill the other player (but not gank if you don't want to) to get access to the loot. 5 minutes elapsing without either player dying results in the loot being destroyed. I think this is nice because it brings people together to fight (the main draw of this game, after all). (Edit: decided this was a bad idea after more consideration) Any other PvP incentives are lacking in the off-peak time. At the moment, they are a good time to socialize for a bit, but it seems like a waste on the most part.
Last edited by Lash on 29 Mar 2017, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Lash

Postby Lash » 29 Mar 2017, 19:40

OK so I thought about it more to refine the idea. The idea of having a camp type control point event outside of peak time would be good. But there are 21 more hours in a day. So perhaps resource point control type events can be won and looted in random spots on the map, and don't create caravans. They are global events, and exist in the event schedule 30 minutes before they exist with their location. So you know where they will be 30 minutes before they spawn. They occur every hour, on the hour, and require you to control the point after 30 minutes of it existing (much like now). The rewards are significantly less than the usual resource control point, maybe by a factor of 4 (so you "only" get 400 or so resources). This would create a nice amount of conflict during off-peak times.

Laughing Mime

Postby Laughing Mime » 30 Mar 2017, 00:27

I like that idea. Getting resources in offpeak is not an issue (you can do 4 carcasses at once) but a lack of reason for conflict is.

Return to “General Discussion”