1.1 Review

Here you can talk about everything related to The Exiled.
Nysek

1.1 Review

Postby Nysek » 27 Mar 2017, 04:44

There really should be a suggestion section to the forums....

Party Chat : Needs voice chat, enough said.

Cloth has very strange stats which I will cover now.
Health : -200
Energy : +300
Determination : +200
Run Speed : -30
Ability Speed : -200
Cooldown Speed : -100
Physical Resist : 100
Mental Resist : 200

For a "support"/"healer" role most of this makes little sense. It's health being lower than a far more mobile and offensive armor, such as Robe, it has 50 less health? Should have probably been between Robe and Leather. But also due to it's lack of escapes, should probably have maybe more health than leather.

Energy I have no real complaints with, especially when this armor has no real energy management assistance unlike Robe or Leather. Let alone it's health being lower.

Determination seems rather silly to be tied with Splint Mail, especially seeing as it has superior CC/supportive aspects. Isn't like determination helps with anything except for immunity duration.

Run Speed being -30 makes little sense when it lacks escapes and also is cloth... why is it tied with Splint Mail?

Ability Speed isn't as much of an issue, granted any abilities you may want to lower the casting time of already scale down to .5s cast time.

Cooldown Speed I also understand but with Ability speed being as hit as it is, why are both fairly poor?

Mental Resist being 100 more kinda doesn't sound right either, why the sudden change of heart when making mental resist the same between all armors except this one?

Selfish Healing : Scaling seems high and refund of energy, even if it is on a debuff timer, seems odd. Definitely needs to be watched carefully.

Sheltering Link : Easily the most broken defensive buff in-game. Currently doesn't reduce the full 10 flat damage from received damage, but even if it is only 9-27 (if it follows the same method as rank 0), with resistances along with other percentage resistance buffs can reduce damage to "1" on plenty of attacks.

Healing Aura : Fine as is.

Heal as One : Fine as is, except for the heal to self scaling fairly high for only requiring it to heal other players/npcs in the area.

Healing Focus : So... Sponge Form but with healing output and a way higher damage reduction debuff? Well you can cleanse the debuff in a team so I can't complain much but seems fairly OP because of this fact.

Empowering Link : 10% to 30% damage buff with a 50% to 30% snare? After 3 people at rank 20 you almost have an extra person doing DPS... seems far too strong honestly. Especially seeing as the snare can be removed.

Protective Link : Not enough information on this tooltip to fully understand it's use... but so far seems to do nothing on smaller hits. If it is infact a 10% trigger that means you will need to do 114.5 damage before it even takes effect. Definitely needs to be looked at, but the fact there are TWO defensive links when Sheltering Link is so insanely powerfully is silly.

Nurturing Link : Because this healing boost does not stack with other buffs, unlike all of the other links (including sheltering link) it feels jipped. For people not wanting to rely on Revitalise for a healing boost tho... it has it's place. Keep it as is.

Communal Timeout : Garbage, completely. You basically made delayed teleport, without the teleport, and have it CC you as well.... why? It would make sense if this ability would heal your health and energy while CCed, but beyond that this ability has a very poor design concept in every regard.

Guardian Silence : Why is this on Cloth and not replacing Silencing Field on Splint Mail?! It's a 5s to 10s silence as a pbAoE effect, only gives 500 determination to your enemies, and also gives you a percent resistance buff for a 10s to 20s duration. Stop giving less reasons to go Splint Mail, please, thank you.

Reversal of Fortune : Fine as is. Does not remove roots/slows... but I guess this isn't a huge issue?

Cleansing Reversal : Needs to be considered in the fact it can/will remove the equalizer debuff in lower level zones. And on such a low cooldown that you can keep a group from receiving said debuff. Definitely needs to be looked at, I like the fact it does not remove roots/slows/stuns/silences/sleeps/mez meaning both of your cleanses have a use.

With this update tho... Splint Mail has what exactly?

Barge : Because AoE knockback/root trolling is hilarious
Ignore Pain : Granted it costing energy ontop of the DoT it does seems stupid.
Juggernaught : Doesn't scale down with it's snare from rank 0-10...

Then the ones that will probably be replaced by Cloth entirely.

Self-Sacrifice : Only thing keeping it over Heal as One is the fact you can be mobile and it's a 30% to 50% heal, but it's radius is so painfully small "good luck" using it unless your allies know to stack. Even then, it's cooldown is long enough to where you probably could've simply gone cloth and out-healed this entirely w/o hitting your own HP.

Meat Shield : Questionable in terms of being more useful than Sheltering Link, as it cannot be up 100% of the time. But it also requires your allies to run behind you prior to use.... so that alone will probably make this less worthwhile.

Silencing Field : Guardian Silence should've replaced this.... you can't do anything while it's in use and also builds determination way to fast to compare to Cloth's silence.

The rest are either situational (Rock/Sponge Form), trollish (meditation if someone cleanses the debuff), aren't worth running due to lack of energy management or might hurt your team more than help (Dampening Field), or simply make zero sense (Aggressive Leap's insanely short range, high chance of failing, and silences you for the duration of the stun applied to enemies).

Love the addition to the game... but please consider other armor choices when adding new armors. Let alone consider maybe going back and tweaking armors that probably are not filling their role properly. (Robe having CC immunity over Splint Mail seems silly as well... when it has escapes while Splint Mail does not)

I will be uploading videos for Cloth armor later.
Last edited by Nysek on 28 Mar 2017, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.

Lash

Re: 1.1 Review

Postby Lash » 27 Mar 2017, 13:27

Hey, very interesting insights. I haven't used the Cloth armour myself yet since I have clanmates who use it, but you mentioned pros and cons to the Cloth armour. For one, Cloth is obviously supposed to be used with a group, so pointing things out should probably consider this? It's probably very hard to balance this sort of stuff at the moment since we haven't had enough experimentation at the moment or anything, people just do what they feel like.

It's probably extremely difficult to really say anything is unbalanced or not given we haven't really seen large scale group battles with the new armour. I know you really think splint mail is underpowered, but perhaps it shines when synergized for groups? I wonder what your insights are regarding synergy and combinations for group vs. group fights.

The devs probably have some data on how much people use all the armours and weapons, so maybe there is a buff in the future.

Nysek

Postby Nysek » 27 Mar 2017, 15:00

Lash wrote:Hey, very interesting insights. I haven't used the Cloth armour myself yet since I have clanmates who use it, but you mentioned pros and cons to the Cloth armour. For one, Cloth is obviously supposed to be used with a group, so pointing things out should probably consider this? It's probably very hard to balance this sort of stuff at the moment since we haven't had enough experimentation at the moment or anything, people just do what they feel like.

It's probably extremely difficult to really say anything is unbalanced or not given we haven't really seen large scale group battles with the new armour. I know you really think splint mail is underpowered, but perhaps it shines when synergized for groups? I wonder what your insights are regarding synergy and combinations for group vs. group fights.

The devs probably have some data on how much people use all the armours and weapons, so maybe there is a buff in the future.

Mostly pointing it out from a group perspective, as buffs/debuffs tend to not stack.

In a large group fight obviously focus fire will happen, most of what is "OP" is shelter link honestly. But indeed needs more testing.

Edit : Had work but... Cloth is "solid", the stats are a little strange, but it has a skill that clearly is a superior version of another ability (Silencing Field of epic fail). And it's only truthfully "OP" skill is a flat damage reduction link (for user and linked targets)

The issue with Splint Mail is simply it's slow, has no counters to CC, poor engage, and while it doesn't need an escape it definitely has a lot of abilities which just don't scream "tank" beyond "soaking damage". It should punish those in CQC. Instead you simply have "Me tank, has HP

Leather as I've pointed out before kinda gets shafted as well with a few abilities such as Smoke Bomb, stealth mechanics (breaks on damage received during smoke bomb or sneak attack), traps having long cast times, but overall is viable.

Robe has stealth, displacement, engage/escape, solid CC, heavy AoE burst, "had" a method to strip HoT's but is now on cloth, AoE heal/energy drain, CC immunity, and just overall superior synergy over the other two armors. It just has way to many "ups" with very little downside.

Instead of one armor simply being superior, they should all feel as powerful as Robe in their own ways.

Nysek

Postby Nysek » 28 Mar 2017, 02:29

Heal as One self healing scales insanely as well... But it's conditions make it questionable. But definitely​ can be "OP" should probably has the scaling lower and have a "cap" of how manany targets until it caps said heal. Especially if we are considering larger group fights.

Return to “General Discussion”