Easy way to share links in game? No copying text in chat?

Here you can talk about everything related to The Exiled.
Lash

Easy way to share links in game? No copying text in chat?

Postby Lash » 25 Mar 2017, 01:23

So we had the issue of wanting to share a Discord link in game. It was a bit annoying that you can't voice chat within a party, and switching between chat windows would mute the ones you were talking in before. So Discord seemed like a good alternative to have persistent voice chat.

But pasting the link in chat doesn't allow you to copy the text, and manually copying the discord invite link was too painful. So could we at least be able to copy text from the chat window?

Also, some steam integration would be nice, since that way we could just steam message each other as well. But there is no clear way to get someones steam profile from within the game. That way we can also make steam groups for clans etc.

dbltnk
Game Developer

Re: Easy way to share links in game? No copying text in chat?

Postby dbltnk » 27 Mar 2017, 15:11

One thing you could use is a clan. Each clan can add both a Message of the Day and a "Voice chat" URL in their clan details.

Lash

Postby Lash » 27 Mar 2017, 15:23

dbltnk wrote:One thing you could use is a clan. Each clan can add both a Message of the Day and a "Voice chat" URL in their clan details.

Will the Voice chat URL be visible to everyone browsing the clan list in the clan details? We want it to be private. Clan details are only visible if they are public, correct?

OK so we can put copyable text in the message of the day, thanks for the tip.

Lash

Postby Lash » 27 Mar 2017, 20:42

dbltnk wrote:Each clan can add both a Message of the Day

So you can't copy that text in the Message of the Day. So that won't work either :(

Nysek

Postby Nysek » 28 Mar 2017, 00:46

Would be nicebut could always impliment a copy/save chat log if it isn't possible to copy ingame text easily.

hagish
Game Developer

Postby hagish » 29 Mar 2017, 14:20

At the moment I think you can use the report chat button and copy paste the text and close the popup.
For the clan MOTD I just added a tiny copy button (will go online with one of the next patches).

Lash

Postby Lash » 29 Mar 2017, 14:58

hagish wrote:At the moment I think you can use the report chat button and copy paste the text and close the popup.
For the clan MOTD I just added a tiny copy button (will go online with one of the next patches).

Thanks! Indeed a creative solution for now, will try it out when I'm on next.

Return to “General Discussion”