Graphics?

Here you can talk about everything related to The Exiled.
Quietpartner

Graphics?

Postby Quietpartner » 04 Dec 2016, 06:20

I love the idea of this game, MOBA and Sandbox with RPG Elements. Skill shots are required to have any real competition, which equals fun in my opinion. I just have one question, is this what we can expect graphically from this game? It feels like I am stuck in the 1990s. It would be nice to see the game become more polished graphically, like popular MMOs, RTSs and MOBAs (EX. Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and even Albion Online - still in beta). What are your thoughts?

zerus
Wiki Content Creator

Re: Graphics?

Postby zerus » 04 Dec 2016, 15:49

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, as all three games you mentioned have completely different styles.

In terms of polish there will probably be a lot of improvements in the future, but it'd surprise me if the general art style would change. And to be honest I quite like it :)

What exactly do you not like about the graphics though? I mean, Albion Online has a very simplistic "oldschool" style as well, just more cleaned-up and detailed. Is that what you mean?

Quietpartner

Postby Quietpartner » 06 Dec 2016, 20:51

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I actually thought the graphic styles of those games are very similar. Yes, those games to me are simplistic, clean, but very detailed graphically. The are also build on 3d engines with a top down view. I don't mind the style of the Exiled, it just looks like a rough draft, very flat, and 2d to me. I hope you take this as feedback, I don't mean offense. Afterall, I'm only one perspective. I'd love to see a successful sandbox mmo moba. It would mesh all the games I love.

zerus
Wiki Content Creator

Postby zerus » 07 Dec 2016, 01:30

Just to clear it up: I'm no dev, just a volunteer helping out!
But I'm sure the actual devs read this thread and will take your feedback seriously and won't be offended. After all, as you said this is your view of things and it's completely fair ;)

And yeah, I agree that there is a ton of stuff to improve upon. Usually this stuff is handled when the game is more feature-complete (as of right now, there is a lot of gameplay elements still missing or incomplete)

Return to “General Discussion”