Few Newbie Questions Please help.

Here you can talk about everything related to The Exiled.
ProtosX

Few Newbie Questions Please help.

Postby ProtosX » 02 Dec 2016, 09:08

Hi everyone! ^__^ I'm ProtosX and a noob/newbie on this game. I have a few questions and i hope that you can help me find the answers.

Please forgive me if my questions are already asked and answered. I did try to search the forums by using the search box on the upper left corner but i havent found the answer. probably i was not looking properly or not looking deep enough.

1: Safe Zone: are there safe zones in this game? coz i was actually killed by someone (whom i healed a couple of times) while transferring my items to the storage box inside a sort of small village (the newbie village).

Search Words: Safezone, safe zone, zone safe = nothing shows up on the search

2: 4 RED debuffs? im a level 2 newbies and i immediately got this 4 red debuffs when i played. I also noticed that my char walks/run slower compared when i was on the tutorial map. At first i thought it was a debuff for dying and it will go away after 2 min (since it shows 2 min cool down) but it did not. after 2 minutes it shows up again and shows 2min... then it doesnt show any cooldown but the debuff stays there. what is this and how can i remove this?

Search Words: Debuff = shows many unrelated results... death = no result

5: where is the printscreen folder?

just 3 questions for now... thanks in advance!
~ WEAK, NOOB & POOR ~

FINAL ALPHA TEST GUIDE

Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

Re: Few Newbie Questions Please help.

Postby Z4ipher » 02 Dec 2016, 14:01

To answer atleast some of the questions:

1: There are no safezones, but an wall enclosed clan settlement might be considered one, if noone lets an enemy in (and no teammate kills you)

2: Judging from earlier alpha (as I couldnt play in this one yet): These buffs are for penalizing good players in the starters zone. Maybe you were just good in PvP or there is a problem with the rating system. You wont have these debuffs in the non starter areas.

For 3 I need to check on my PC, as I dont remember anymore.

I hope I could help
Z4ipher
-----------------W-------O-------N----------------V--------A--------N--------G--------U--------A-------R-------D----------------

Z4ipher, past Member of Uncommon Valor / Defeater of "The Dictator"

Darkstar

Postby Darkstar » 02 Dec 2016, 15:26

Hey ProtosX,

Just to add some things to what Z4ipher mentioned above:
1) While there is technically no safe zone, if a new player gets attacked when at a dojo or workshop they will get 30s of invulnerability. So, you could use that as a form of protection as a newer player.

2) What Z4ipher said, basically. The debuff affects all players that are not NEWCOMERs while they are in the desert. It should disappear when you leave the desert.

3.) Screenshots on windows should be in C:\%USERNAME%\fairydist\AppData\LocalLow\Fairytale Distillery\exiled. you can also create a "Screenshots" folder next to your launcher.exe (where you have installed the game). If you do that, then the screenshots will land there instead of the originally mentioned location.

Best,
Darkstar

ProtosX

Postby ProtosX » 02 Dec 2016, 19:45

Z4ipher wrote:To answer atleast some of the questions:

1: There are no safezones, but an wall enclosed clan settlement might be considered one, if noone lets an enemy in (and no teammate kills you)

2: Judging from earlier alpha (as I couldnt play in this one yet): These buffs are for penalizing good players in the starters zone. Maybe you were just good in PvP or there is a problem with the rating system. You wont have these debuffs in the non starter areas.

For 3 I need to check on my PC, as I dont remember anymore.

I hope I could help
Z4ipher

Darkstar wrote:Hey ProtosX,

Just to add some things to what Z4ipher mentioned above:
1) While there is technically no safe zone, if a new player gets attacked when at a dojo or workshop they will get 30s of invulnerability. So, you could use that as a form of protection as a newer player.

2) What Z4ipher said, basically. The debuff affects all players that are not NEWCOMERs while they are in the desert. It should disappear when you leave the desert.

3.) Screenshots on windows should be in C:\%USERNAME%\fairydist\AppData\LocalLow\Fairytale Distillery\exiled. you can also create a "Screenshots" folder next to your launcher.exe (where you have installed the game). If you do that, then the screenshots will land there instead of the originally mentioned location.

Best,
Darkstar

Thank you so much for those info!

I'm currently reviewing the game and making guides too but i have no idea why this debuff happen even to my new level 1 char who came right out from tutorial... i guess this system thingy is applying the debuff on players who played the game for a certain duration? anyway what i noticed is, my character seems to be getting "weaker"... i cant explain it but my char is equiped with staff weapon and when my heal skill is just your level 0 heal, it heals my char for 22 HP... but when i upgraded the skill to +5. probably a bug?

also how can i totally delete my progress? because there is this 4 quest before entering the game and i kinda refreshed the 1st one before even looking at it =(

in total, im really enjoying this game ^__^ please look forward for my review of the game later on hehe thanks!
~ WEAK, NOOB & POOR ~

FINAL ALPHA TEST GUIDE

Return to “General Discussion”