Persistence in a non-persistent world...

Here you can talk about everything related to The Exiled.
Jarmo
Vanguard Supporter

Persistence in a non-persistent world...

Postby Jarmo » 17 Aug 2016, 07:38

Hey guys..

I was thinking. What keeps people playing TE or DT after it's released? It's the PVP challenge, fame, and glory right? Because there isn't much grind and the farming is easily understood as well as crafting... so I was thinking and this has probably been suggested before but, what about careers or seasons? Simlar to MOBA but something recorded. This way players can have stats that are at least persistent. Albion has a "Kill board" going and it's working out well for it.

Idk, I see TE as having a following of people that understand the game and what it is meant for, they are repeat customers who enjoy the PVP and builds, and they team and create player drama to fuel the sandbox, but how great it would be if they also had some kind of persistent stats.

Cheers, and enjoy Gamescon!

LordxHadez
Vanguard Supporter

Re: Persistence in a non-persistent world...

Postby LordxHadez » 17 Aug 2016, 09:52

Sounds like you want a form of Leader Board to keep us competing globally? A form of recognition? or a place to hold up on display for all to see? Bragging rights?
At least thats how I read it. :)

Maybe different seasonal leagues/challenges/etc with varying rewards that can seem visually in game or on the website?
similar to MOBAs :o

LRM
Vanguard Supporter

Postby LRM » 17 Aug 2016, 12:05

Isnt this system partly implemented: the achievement when u log in, before char selection.
Also I was wondering, is there some stat keeping up from server to server: i feel like i'm getting a lot faster than other player the A++ ?

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 17 Aug 2016, 16:08

Partially implemented indeed. More to come. =D

Angeleyes
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Angeleyes » 20 Aug 2016, 16:01

I am FORCED to agree with this.

The days of playing video games because they are just fun is over and been long gone for awhile, be it ranks or anything other. Consumers demand some sort of fulfilling progressive achievement.

Return to “General Discussion”